These links provide education and resources related to mom’s overall care and wellbeing. For healthy moms before, during, and after pregnancy:
- Postpartum Care: This information gives an overview of what moms can expect in the postpartum period and gives tips on how to care for themselves.
- Postpartum Nutrition: This information covers key nutrients that moms should aim to get in their diets to keep themselves healthy after giving birth.
- Contraceptive Options and Family Spacing: These links provide information on the different contraceptive options available to women when considering thinking about spacing births and planning their families.
- Nutrition Education: This information covers the foods and nutrients that moms should incorporate into their diets to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Folic Acid Education: This information about the importance of getting the nutrient, folic acid, during pregnancy.
- Maternal Mental Health Now: This website provides information on and training materials regarding perinatal and postpartum mental health.
- Substance Abuse Education: These links provide resources and information about neonatal abstinence syndrome and the risks associated with substance use during after pregnancy.
- Tobacco Cessation Education: These links provide resources and information about getting help quitting smoking and the risks associated with smoking while pregnant.
Family Spacing & Programming
Olive Health Clinic
Address: 413 W McKinley Ave Suite D, Mishawaka, IN 46545
- Employment and Education Services: These links are for employment and education assistance programs available in the northern Indiana area to help moms and their families build.
These links provide education and resources related to baby’s overall care and wellbeing. For healthy babies:
- Breastfeeding Education: These resources provide educational information on the benefits of breastfeeding over formula feeding and breastfeeding techniques and answers questions that new moms may have about feeding their baby.
- Genomics and Newborn Screening (ISDH): Information from the state department of health on the genetics and newborn screening program which ensures that all newborns receive proper screening for genetic conditions and birth defects.
- HIP Enrollment Info: Information on enrolling into the Healthy Indiana Plan, a state Medicaid program.
- Baby Boxes | Breast Pumps | Pack and Plays: Indiana Safe Sleep Program
- Safe Spaces/Baby-Proofing Homes: Information on ways to make the home safer for babies and toddlers.
- Car Seat Safety: Information on how to choose the appropriate car seat for children based on age and size, and how to install the car seat.
- Zero to Three: This website provides training and education on building healthy emotional and mental early childhood development beginning in infancy.
- Talk With Your Baby: Talk With Your Baby is an initiative based in St. Joseph county that educates and encourages parents/caregivers on the importance of talking to babies from birth in order to strengthen baby’s development.
- Safe Sleep: These resources provide facts, statistics, information and education on the importance of following safe sleep guidelines to reduce the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
- Depression & Post-Partum Education: Information on the signs and symptoms of postpartum depression, treatment options and the difference between typical baby blues and depressive disorder.
- Period of Purple: The period of purple website provides information on what the purple period of crying is and what parents can expect as “normal” behavior from their baby.
- Circle of Security: To engage each parent’s wisdom by illustrating how attachment needs are expressed by infants, children and adolescents.